Saturday 1 September 2007

How Marriage Is Like Communism


First you start off in love, all idealistic and enthusiastic, sure the other person has their faults but they don't bother you at the moment and you just don't think about them. Its a time to put the other person first and pretending you don't fart or stink out the bathroom.

You soon start to change and dispose of any rivals like those still single fun loving friends who just aren't on the same page as you and can you trust them now anyway?

Remember you've agreed by taking the vow to the cause or to the other person that fun has no place in yer life from now on.

The gushing cuddly love gives way to a power struggle and one-upmanship under the guise of sharing and equality. Subterfuge and disinformation becomes a part of everyday life and freedom is a distant memory, no wonder so many defect to the world of the midlife crisis.

Communism like marriage is a good idea in theory but not everyone wants the same thing as everyone else. Communism in some countries like some marriages last longer than others.
Russia called it quits when the children grew up and wanted their independence.
China sticks with it but the thrill has gone, too lazy/apathetic for the upheaval of divorce/revolution it has an open marriage which includes a fling with capitalism, they now have Wal-marts where the chinks can buy their very reasonably priced chicken feet.

Cuba had a domineering marriage full of silent abuse but since I killed Fidel Castro earlier in the week I wonder how long it will be before she marry's his brother who was always there for her.

When a marriage or regime ends theres bloodshed a lot of finger pointing , disillusionment and the realisation that you wasted so many good years of yer life, what were you thinking?


Stay tuned for my next post: 'Skidmarks are just like telemarketers though not so annoying.'

13 comments:

FirstNations said...

FirstNations sez: better red than



...well, pretty much anything, actually.


now give me every inch of your white hot free market capitalism, baby. let it stretch my shadow-alternative economy like a giant, throbbing YEN.

nwtrunner said...

Having just ended a marriage (my own) in August - thanks to your post today I now have something to ponder on today's run -

how it is that skidmarks are just like telemarketers, beyond the obvious that both are total shite.

Thanks Knudsen!

Old Knudsen said...

first nations sorry lass the Dow is a bit doon today, do yer sexy dance and we'll see if anything happens.

nwtrunner marriage is so easy to get into and so tough to get out of.
Telemarketers like skidmarks just happen and are tough to avoid and no matter how much wiping you do you still get them and both are unpleasant to lick. Well no need to do that post now.

Manuel said...

Not sure if you are trying to tell us something there or not but just say you are sorry and move on, just like the Balkan states did.....

Old Knudsen said...

I'm trying to tell you to stay away from communism, she'll try to change you no matter how perfect you are and before you know it you can't go on pub crawls picking up weemen.

Andraste said...

Buuuuurrrrrrp.

And I wonder where the romance went.

Captain Smack said...

I'm totally sending Marx a link to this post, he needs to hear this.

Linasolopoesie said...

THE GOOD SUNDAY
I have visited yours blog but I have not been able to read the meant one of the written one because I do not understand the language Sin! Mine blog and of fraud poetries I love the poetry having a animp poetico You want to visit it? you would make me happy ............... I waited for to You? Lina thanks

Old Knudsen said...

andraste yer such a lady.

captain smack grucho reads me daily.

solopoesieCiao e benvenuto. I just love fraud poetries however I don't speak the lingo either, plenty of dirty pictures to look at though.

Linasolopoesie said...

THANKS!!! x TO HAVE CONTRACHANGED the VISIT.
MUCH KIND ONE
I EMBRACE AFFECTIONATE
LINA

Megan McGurk said...

Fidel sure is popular with the ladies. He must have plenty of kids willing to step in for him when they decide to stop propping his corpse up on the pillows.

Anonymous said...

You're not an old knudsen, you're aboot the same age as me which is 18 (sorry, 49 , I jest fecked me age)

Oi think I have yer there, sir.

Anonymous said...

There is a reason our senses go down hill fast after 30. It helps us remember the person we married, not the old fart sitting next to us.