Wednesday 28 May 2014

Tragedy Strikes Town

The town of Durham in the north east of England is still reeling from shock when a man got so angry after hearing the Pharrell Williams song 'Happy' one time too many that he did nothing.

"I was walking down the high street with my wife when we passed by a young person's clothes shop" said Edward Green a retired postman who likes to tell people about how hard it was during the war even though he was only 10 then.

"The noise was thumping out 'Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof, because I’m happy' I most certainly was not happy and no yank with an oversized hat can tell me otherwise."

According to his wife, Mr Green stood there with his hands shaking and his face contorted with impotent rage, his eyes darting from side to side as if in a panic.

"A room without a roof, does it have a ceiling? Is the whole house like this? maybe it's still being built, why would anyone feel like that it's idiotic. I feel the need to write a strongly worded letter to someone but I'll probably never get around to doing it." 

Said Mr Green.  


After what seemed like an eternity the couple moved on to Poundland with the repeating chorus 'because I'm happy' mocking them in the distance. Only after 8 weeks of counseling has Mr Green been able to talk about that day.

"Hitler tried to tell us what to do and we showed him, no one should ever be made to clap along if they don't want to, it's just not right." 


Mr Williams was unavailable for comment.

No comments: