Tuesday 4 March 2008

I Got A Book Deal


When I started blogging in August 2006 I was just having a bit of fun. I laughed at all of those fools who talked about writing books and would post a few boring chapters every now and then.
Maybe there was something wrong with me cos I thought they were shite while others begged for more but because I'm a nice person I didn't comment and if they entered competitions I'd vote for them cos who am I to stand in the way of their dreams, they'd find out soon enough.

I made up the joke, "What do you call a failed writer?............... A Blogger."

Then it happened, over the last month I have been in contact with some people who have offered me a great book deal.
I didn't want to jinx it by telling everyone but now I've committed myself.

I can choose 6 books from only 1p each.

World Books really is the simplest way to a dazzling array of high quality books at discount prices. Fiction bestsellers, homes and gardens, health and fitness, cookery, history, reference and leisure - World Books has got it all.

free colour magazine every month, unbeatable offers, guaranteed discounts, sneak previews, competitions and freebies

Sure I have to buy a further 4 books a year but that's what fake names and addresses are for.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAH! You had me going for a while there.
I have no desire or talent to write a book.

Unknown said...

Surely the only deal you'd accept would be with Reader's Digest?

dai said...

Where can I get a fake name and address?

savannah said...

you make me laugh, sugar! i thought you'd gone over to the other side!

Jenny said...

I'd buy your book Old Man.

INNER VOICES said...

wtf? everyone i read today is talkin about books!
*walks out and heads to bar for a pint*

Old Knudsen said...

But is everyone else taking the piss?

Say It said...

Why buy the book when the old bitter balls are free?

I was all set to congratulate you and everything. GOSH.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, for a moment ... nah, I do not trust you, one day it will be in the stores, like "Knudsen - how it all began" ... "Memories of a Knudsenite" ... "Outside the Knudsen-Cult" ... "Knudsen saved me - the REAL story" ... "I called'm Nadse - Knudsen-wife bares all!" ... achach, we live in perverted times ...

Jenny said...

you're a generous soul.

The Mistress said...

I'll ask you to sign my tits at the book signing.

Old Knudsen said...

say it so I should start charging people for reading me? yeah like that would happen cheap bastards.

mago how can you not trust me? I am deeply offended.

a boxer I sold that years ago.

MJ yer built like a boy whats there to sign?