Tuesday 25 December 2007

Teeth Are For The Weak

Out with his gurlfriend, imagine giving him a big Frenchie snog.
Shane MacGowan, born in kent, England but then moved to Ireland and became a bit more Irish (though he still has a north London accent) he was the lead slurrer of the Pogues whose name comes from the gheylick pogue mahone or póg mo thóin, meaning "kiss my arse." MacGowan did crappy music with some politics thrown in and was best known for the song "Fairytale of new York" with Kirsty MacColl. The BBC recently decided to bleep out the offensive language in the 20 year old song until viewers told them to wise up.
I remember back in the day the easiest way to become famous was to get yer song banned from the BBC playlist so then everyone would buy it, Frankie goes to Hollywood did it with "Relax" as they had the words "when you wanna cum" even today I hear that bit edited out by other groups singing it.
The reason I'm mentioning this person is not only is he one of Britain's beautiful people (we have strange standards) but it was his 50th birthday yesterday so I just lost a bet. Imagine that cunt reaching 50, he must have sold his soul or something.

Well its the 26th December which in civilised cuntries is called "Boxing day" This comes from the 13th century tradition of after a large Christmas feast you'd need some exercise so the next day the Lords and other such gentry would chase doon the peasants and box their ears or punch the heads off them as some may call it. Of course the peasant scum knowing their place wouldn't dare to lift a hand to a gentleman or lady who was thumping their nose to a bloody stump as that would be considered bad manners, it was a different world back then. I lived near Lord Nelson's hoose and it was sad to see him trying to do me damage after he had lost one of his arms, when he wasn't looking I'd punch meself so he thought he'd done more harm than he did, I think he knew which was why he'd generously tip me afterwards.

I'll be mostly trying to start a fight with Sir Paul McCartney today but in breaking with tradition I will be hitting back to see how he likes getting pushed around about a one legged nut case, I knew that cunt had a nasty side to him, it was George Harrison I liked anyway.
Did you see the Queen's speech? for 81 that bird is still a ride.


14 comments:

marky said...

What? They still have a Queen? Maybe you mean Freddie Mercury?

Old Knudsen said...

Don't get out much do ya lad?

marky said...

Ye Olde Worlde. Nah, we don't get over that way much. Too many kilts and chain maile and spears. Odd lot.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Hope you had a merry little one, Knudsen.

Fantomas said...

No mention of "Dirty Old Town"? Well that's weird...

Bittersweet said...

Do you still have your own teeth OBB?

The Mistress said...

Shane looks like he could give you a good gumming.

savannah said...

happy day after, sugar...and yeah, we were listening to the pogues last night...of course, i thought of ya'll, too ;-)

Jenny said...

and here I thought this day was all about ME.

Bah!

nwtrunner said...

Well, G/F looks to have enough teeth to be able to chew his food for him too. If Shane actually eats or just lives on booze and smokes, which it sure has always looked like he does! Hard to believe that someone would come along to make Keith Richard seem almost 'healthy'....

I didn't know about the meaning of 'pogue mahone' becuz there is a band in Canada modeled very much on the Pogues (maybe they have a few more teeth) called The Mahones. And now I know. I love an educational blog OBB!

I liked some of the Pogues stuff, but it got a bit much.

What are the bets on Shane making it to 60??!

marky said...

Is plaid still "In" in Scotland?

Old Knudsen said...

I have my own teeth, bought and paid for, Christmas is like every other day for a grinch, its all about ME! and why call yerselves the 'arses?' are lobotomies still 'in' in the US? feel the burn.

Annie said...

Happy christmas, twinkle toes.

Hugs from me xxx

Megan McGurk said...

Love the title of the post, Old Knudsen.
Happy Holidays.