Tuesday 20 November 2007

A Train To Catch


A man in California was struck and killed while crossing the train tracks on foot. Witnesses say that he was distracted by talking on his mobile phone. He waited for a train to pass and then stepped out and was struck by a second train in the opposite direction.

Ha ha ha and fucking ha! was yer phone call really that important? what did we ever do before mobile phones? well I walked miles without feeling the need to talk to me mammy. I don't stand about shouting in the street nor do I drive around corners narrowly missing pedestrians and not noticing red lights.

Mobile phones and those I-poddy walkermans are Gods way to thin out the herd, no fucking train is going to creep up on Old Knudsen, hes a coffin dodging expert .

8 comments:

marky said...

Once again, you hit the nail on the head Old K! Thin the herd!

Old Knudsen said...

Those Bluetooth thingys are worn by wanna be trekkies. When I did have a mobile for about a year I didn't phone anyone and they didn't phone me........cunts!

The Mistress said...

I like to set mine to vibrate for obvious reasons.

And then ring my own mobile repeatedly for a cheap thrill.

The Uncivil Servant said...

Must admit that I can be distracted by my mobile phone, it the size of a shoe box and batteries in suitcase carrying with. Marvelous Russian Tecknowlagy! All good stuff go to military, citizen phone still haff glassvalves and take ten minute to warm up. Better to use carrierpidgeon....

Old Knudsen said...

marky thats one good reason for me not to get a phone.

MJ is yer ringtone Je t'aime moi non plus ? you know that orgasm song.

rich mass ADHD and insecurity, they can't be still and quiet for 5 minutes.

vokkoff you zany ruskies, hey want to do lunch sometime? I know this great sushi place.

INNER VOICES said...

now they have combined the phone, ipod, internet car key all into one... WTF do they do now?

Old Knudsen said...

When outside be outside, not in yer head.

Fat Controller said...

As a Fat Controller and erstwhile holder of a Certificate Of Track Safety I can tell you that this sort of accident is all too common, even among people whose business it is to be on the tracks, let alone yuppie prats busy on their mobiles. There is a great training film illustrating exactly this 'second train' type of accident in gory detail.

I see from your photo that the Swanage Railway have borrowed one of my engines again-he belongs at Alresford on the Watercress Line!