Wednesday 5 September 2007

Hes Sleeping Now

Not even the Italians knew when he forgot the words.

Luciano Pavarotti singer of opera and more importantly the theme to the 1990 world cup 'Nessun Dorma' which reduces grown men to tears has died after a battle with cancer of the pancreas aged 72.

He reached a wider audience when he joined Jose Carreras and Placido Domingo as the three Tenors, 3 tenners is £30.00 and thats more than I'd pay to listen to that shit, not really something you can sing along to. I just found out as I was doing this tribute that Pavarotti was a fucking eyetie, well fuck me blind I thought he was a Yorkshire man.


If you've never seen Pavarotti in 'Attack of the Valkyries' starring Robert Wagner then you haven't missed much. He plays King Vultan the mighty of the winged Chicken hawk people , my favourite line of Pavarotti was, "I love the smell of millet in the morning, it smells like .......... breakfast."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture, isn't that the geezer from the old tv program "sliders"?

Old Knudsen said...

You uncultured lout.

willowtree said...

That's not Pavarotti you knucklehead! That's Ann Widdecombe, well at least the second one is, I think the first one might be Fidel Castro.

SamD said...

Heheheh. A flash from the past indeed.

Old Knudsen said...

willowtree That can't be Castro cos then I killed the wrong bloke last week.

samd an old lover? I'm sorry for yer loss, boy did he get around.