Wednesday 2 May 2007

We British Are So Superior.

"Sydney Australia ? how the fuck did we end up here?"


Remember the World War II flying ace Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader, CBE, DSO and Bar not to mention having 2 pubs and a garden named after him ?


In 1931 while performing acrobatic stunts at an air show his wing clipped the ground, the resulting crash meant he had to have both legs amputated, the entry he made after the crash in his logbook was," Crashed slow-rolling near ground. Bad show."


Its thought he was more advantaged than able bodied pilots as he could pull off the zero G turns without blacking out because the blood didn't rush to his feet. By 1941 he had shot doon 22 Krauts. When shot doon himself he was taken POW he tried to escape so many times they threatened to take his legs away. One of his many nicknames was "Old Tin Legs".


World War II fighter pilot Wing Commander Geoffrey Page, DSO, OBE, DFC and Bar, survived horrific burns and against the odds returned to fight the Germans though he had a faulty eyelid and terrible pain in his rebuilt hands he shot doon 15 planes, even by Battle of Britain standards he was 'the bravest of the brave".


In 2004 blind Steve Cunningham flew a plane from the famous air field Biggin Hill, Kent to Newcastle then Glasgow and finally Belfast . He had a co-pilot but was in full control of the plane.


He has broken records for the fastest blind man on land and water and is also captain of the England blind football team they may score more goals for the opposition but give them a fucking break, they're blind.
His land speed record was an average speed of more than 147mph driving a Chrysler Dodge Viper on a Leicestershire airfield.


Now this week a blind British pilot Miles Hilton-Barber and his seeing guide co-pilot Richard Meredith-Hardey, despite both being crippled by ghey toff like names flew a microlight from London to Sydney .


I pity the rest of the world for not being British as they surely must really be full of self loathing, I also pity for some of my fellow Brits for not being Scottish. I can only hope for their sake one of their ancestors was impregnated by a dirty drunken Scot thus improving the gene pool.


A message to the cowardly murdering scum Al Qaeda, our blind British pilots would have noticed 2 giant buildings in the way and avoided them, I guess if God had meant for 3rd world Camel Jockeys to fly he would of made them smarter than dogs.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doubtless, Brits are blind.

And heros of curse.

Thank you for contributing to the culture-blog.

Anonymous said...

Check out the history buff. Nice.

Sassy Sundry said...

Don't cry for me, Knudsen. I'm OK with not being British.

But it would be pretty groovy to fly blind.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I'm bored with this post now.

Momentary Madness said...

Sorry Knudsen I have a bad case of conjunctivitis; can't see a bleedin' thing. I asked this guy to help me out... read some blog's...type some comments, but it turns out he's deaf and dumb - challenged that is. I'll get back to you, but don't worry, I'll definitely keep my two feet on the groung.
"Look Mother I can fly"
"Paddy!, get down off the roof right now. You can't fly or nothing like it. I'm not catching you the next time"
"Paddy my darling are you OK.
"No problem mother".

Gorilla Bananas said...

Past glories, Knudsen. The world now knows Britain for Mr Bean and the Royal Navy pussies who gave up without a fight. There must be a Scot who'd go on a suicide mission to glass the Iranian president. That might restore lost honour.

NiolK said...

I once got a paper cut under one of my finger nails....and continued working in spite of it.

I thought TRUE Scots didn't call themselves British. But then true scots also bum each other and have quiffs don't they.

Anonymous said...

My daily dose of edjumacation. Thanks Old K!

ellie said...

Heard something the other day about a blind woman water skiing, that too is impressive

Manuel said...

For every blind hero, there are ten BNP members. For every brave soldier there are a thousand chavs sitting on their holes. And so on. I say this not to burst your patriotic bubble, but for all that is good about Britian 9and there is a lot0 there is so much that is so bad.

FirstNations said...

i saw a waterskiing squirrel once.
really.

Old Knudsen said...

mago I'm all about the culture, you should see my fridge.

Mr the robbers click next blog for some blind bloggers

ms pool not the first or the last time you'll get history here.

sassy close yer eyes when you drive, it will be similar.

lynn the exact reason I don't read yer blog.

paddy that explains soooo much, I think he may be nuts too.

Mr bananas if I could find the cuntry I so would would but they all look the same.

nokia Ulster/Scots are a conflicted lot, you wouldn't understand, only a catholic wouldn't want to be British.

Dear Prudence a daily dose is what the doctor ordered.

ellie that woman needs to pull her finger out.

manuel after the Iranian thing we need to remember we can be heroes, just for one day.

first nations I don't believe you.

Manuel said...

aye...