Thursday 17 May 2007

Vision Technician Drowned In His Bucket.

Window Cleaner Mark (buckets) Fairhurst aged 35 of Wigan, Greater Manchester was found by his customer, Elizabeth Bebe in June 2006 with his head submerged in water .

The Coroner said that Mr fairhurst collapsed and fell with his head in his own bucket of water, a heart condition may have caused the collapse but the cause of death was drowning because he was unable to save himself.

Fairhurst had been assaulted in August 2005 which had led to memory problems so a blackout may have also caused it too, who knows? its not like medicine is an exact science or anything.

Incredible whats the fucking odds in that happening?

Its all very tragic I'm sure but c'mon how unlucky do ya have to be? its like that film 'Final destination' when yer number is up its up no cheating death he would have been hit by a bus on his way home anyway.

I was a Window Cleaner or Vision technician as they prefer to be called now. The work tied in nicely with my hobby as a peeping Tom, its sad when a customer outlives their window cleaner . I packed it in out of fear, I heard on the news that Jack Frost had killed 14 people mostly elderly and a few of them were my customers, I wasn't hanging round waiting for no serial killer which was when I became a Tramp herder aboard a tramp steamer (cattle are cleaner than tramps anyday) it was about 2 months later when someone told me they must of meant the cold weather had killed the people off boy did I feel foolish. the job has changed now, its all aluminium ladders and plastic buckets and you need a degree.


The good news is that Mr Fairhurst had finished all the windows and that Ms Bebe didn't have to pay that week.

6 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

There's no comments box on S. H.
Stephen Hawking> That man has a theory for everything: a real on.
"For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals
Then something happenend which unleashed the power of our imagination
We learned to talk."
That's where the trouble started.
Yours;-) Paddy

Old Knudsen said...

Thanks Paddy, taken care of. A crow can learn to talk but can it clean windows?

Eddie Waring said...

Are you hacking into my PC? I spent 20 minutes last night contemplating if I should post about this tragic accident or not before finally deciding to leave it alone. Ok, I wasn't myself and in a moment of weakness was sensitive to the family who lost a loved one. You total cunt.

Besides, the headline was much more promising and I couldn't think of anything funny to say.

Anonymous said...

My father once saw a man who drowned in a puddle.

You know: Don't let the puddle byte me ...

Old Knudsen said...

Mr Waring 20 mins? it was more like half an hour, even the family no doubt had a chuckle over it.

Mago is this one of those stories in which you left out the fact that someone had their foot on the man's head?

Anonymous said...

No. Exhaustion. February '45. Somewhere in the woods between Silesia and Bohemia.