Wednesday 21 March 2007

Russian Holes Are Deadly.

I heard on the news that 62 miners in a Russian mine in a gas blast died now its up to 107, the thing was I wasn't expecting to hear the next part, "Its thought that one Briton is thought to be among the dead" , every fucking disaster in the arse hole of nowhere will always kill at least one Briton. I've wrote about this before among my 500 odd posts I just wanted to point this one out. You expect to find the Irish doon a Russian hole as they breed like flies and are everywhere but c'mon.

4 comments:

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

The thing I dislike is that news outlets will often give horrendous figures of overseas disasters in passing commentary: "150 dead in Chinese ferry accident. Now are you having problems with just what to cook for a spring garden party?"

But the whiff of an American on board and they have Brian Williams helicoptered over the wreck with his khaki disaster clothes on, scanning the bodies for the only really important one. Nobody cares about the Chinese on board, or the Canadian backpacker or the French school exchange-trip students.

They might well do this in Britain too but it's here we notice it time and time again. Even my American husband thinks there's something wrong with that.

M@ said...

I love holes but not those kind of holes. Russians....

Eddie Waring said...

It was probably a Scouser. There is at least one in every town in the world.
Life goes on....

Pickled Olives said...

come on now, you people are everywhere!!!!