Thursday 15 February 2007

Island Blogging


I like to look around the places where my father came from so I was glad to find that BBC Scotland have a program of Bloggers who live on the islands around the Scottish shores. You can click on the various isles to see what people in the arse end of Scotland are doing and thing and from what I read not much.
Maybe I expect people to see the brighter side and always look for ways to take piss out of situations to brighten up an otherwise dull existence, oh not my existence I'm talking about all of yous.
One had a rat infestation, the ways I could of made that funny, and without profanity I mean it was the BBC.
Then there was someone who was listening to a program on BBC 4 radio about seed stores in Norway, fascinating I'm sure.
Some woman got a new pair of wellies, white ones with red flowers on them (I take her to be past middle age by the taste) which led to a follow up post about how one of them leaked, she must of jumped into the air with joy, "yay! a blog post, I'll call it 'TRAGEDY' I'll save the funny shaped stone one for later".
I know fuck all happens on these places and maybe the BBC have told them to be as boring as possible and show no real emotion or feelings, yeah post cat pictures and tell us how much their vet bills cost because that's brilliant .
They have the Internet so they're connected to the world, I want Hamish McBeth on the Isle of Shite to tell me what the solution to Iraq and pro life or pro choice for weemen because that would be bloody hilarious .

5 comments:

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Look, I know, it may be rubbish there, but it's my rubbish and I miss it. Occasionally.

Lewis, island of mists and mellow drunkeness. Off to get maudlin with my plush Highland cow toy.

Eddie Waring said...

I always imagine people who live there to be like that Scottish bloke off Dad's Army. What was his name? MacSomething? I dunno....

Old Knudsen said...

sam problem-child-bride I usually get laudanum and Highland toffee.

Mr Waring the MacSomething from Idunno are a fine clan.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

What are you talking about? The MacSomethings are all bastards, every man, woman and child of them.

Ona darks and windy night in 1638 Gitty MacSomething stole into Castle MacDonald and stole both a cow and the Lady's honour (although to be fair Lord and Lady MacDonald had been having problems for some time and young Gitty did find the door to her bedchamber slightly ajar as if its occupant was waiting, hoping for a night of illicit delights with a passing cow-thief. Passing cow-thiefs are notoriously well-hung).

Anyway, we've hated the MacSomethings ever since and in 1745 we wiped them off the face of the map. Now they are just bands of roaming travellers for whom Idunno is wherever they lay their bobban hats.

Old Knudsen said...

It was Hamburgler that stole those items, now theres a cunt, him and that Swiper the Fox.