Monday 26 February 2007

Another Thing I Didn't Win, Fuck Being Nominated.

A certain spice rack loving guitar playing gobshite will no doubt complain about me doing a Hollywood post so here is a Goth to placate him.

I prepared myself for the Oscars to be shite as the choice of films and actors was shite but then they started to hand out awards and it went from shite to severe diarrhea that turned to water.
That Ellen bird made me sigh and say "I miss Billy Crystal" she even made Chris Rock's attempt last year look good. Its all that Hollywood liberal mindset, if Johnny black fella and a woman can host the Oscars then they can be president.
I had them playing the race card for the supporting actors as Hollywood likes to be friends with the black man but if you got a wide view of the audience you'd see nothing but a sea of white faces but showing Will Smith his wife and the odd Jap every five minutes demonstrated their diversity.
Forest Whitaker is a ugly fucking fat cunt but a fine actor, but to get the Oscar for Idi Amin it just goes to show you how crap the choice was and makes you wonder how much influence my Amin post had on the academy voting, hey I did get rid of Donald Rumsfeld don't forget that one.
Jennifer Hudson robbed Cate Blanchett for best supporting actress. Hudson played a low class black singer with a lot of ethnic attitude, hardly a stretch of acting ability I want to see this newbie play a ghey cowboy. Just like Adrian Brody, I'll always see him as a world war II Jew.

Best actress was a no brainer, if you didn't give it to the Queen the British troops in Iraq would say, "not our fight mate we're off" . Helen Mirren was looking rather good I thought and you could tell from her speech she really got into the role of Elizabeth Windsor as a person and not the figurehead/caricature that most see her as, I might want to see this one, wanking material if nothing , like getting yer gurlfriend to dress as a freedom maid (the French are cunts) I like them to dress like the Queen or Freddy Krueger both with long fingernails.

I had Martin Scorsese as a cert and when Clint got a lot of stage time and the 3 older directors came out to present the award I knew his time had cum but the best picture surprised me, I supposed they gave him that too so it didn't look too much like a pity Oscar.

Leonardo DiCaprio or as Al Gore calls him 'head boy' could he get any further up Gore's hole? oh Global warming this and that, we love you Al you're among friends here. I was going to go to a Global warming meeting but it was called off due to the heavy snow fall.
Leo has a Hybrid car but not a hybrid jet and I bet he flies more than he drives, then again Brad Pitt also has a hybrid car parked beside his 2 SUVs .

I believe that children are our future.

So Al Gore got an Oscar for best documentary, shows you what great actors Yank politicians are, if one more person burst into tears (men at that) at the mention of Global warming I was going to boak, go look at the starving babies in yer own cuntry and around the world who are dying now while you eat yer 50 dollar steak and cry about something that may or may not happen in 100 years, oh no we're going to have nice weather in Siberia, did it ever occur to you that the Siberians are well pleased at this prospect? start buying frozen tundra now while its cheap cos soon its going to be premo real estate.

The highlight of the show was the song about Comedians never getting Oscars for funny films as sung by Will Farrell , Jack Black and John C. Reilly . Will Farrell should be the next host for the Oscars as he is actually funny.
Someone prattled on about the Oscars being so international now , all I noticed was I couldn't understand a fucking thing the foreigners were saying. I turned all US redneck and shouted at the TV about how if they are going to take an American Oscar then they should learn how to speak English, yeah yeah they are just making the films the Yanks don't want to make and only getting 3 dollars a hour to do so.

Respect goes to the Screenwriter of The Departed who won and when his name was called he ambled slowly onto the stage looked a little dazed and confused and said "Valium works", no shit my friend, Tom Hanks was well amused.

26 comments:

Momentary Madness said...

What is it I just don't get it. Thanking people for your success naturally those who have helped you in some practical way but for fuck sake Forest Whitaker went one step ahead of the normal praise for Jesus and all: thanking his ANCESTORS. Give me a fucking break.

dive said...

Hee hee.
Fuck Hollywood and all who sail in it.
I want posts on Aberdonian fishwives and deep-fried chocolate sarnies!

Old Knudsen said...

Mr Dunn I am surprised at Jesus being thanked for helping as hes a lazy shite, pot has robbed him of ambition but the ancestors maybe he feels guided into taking some of the roles by the spirits that surround us all,especially while in pubs.

dive I was expecting you I hope the goth was to yer liking.

Frobisher said...

Congratulations to all, but isn't Forest Whitaker inarticulate? saw him interviewed after the Baftas and he couldn't even string a sentence together, mumble mumble mumble. Helen Miren is approaching god-like status, wonderful

M@ said...

The boy there gives me hope for the future. Go Europe.

Maven said...

Personally, I think Beyonce is far more ghetto than Jennifer Hudson... additionally, you can't knock Hudson for her pipes... she can rip a song apart.

Personally I feel that Blanchett SHOULD have AT LEAST been nominated, if not won for Veronica Guerin. THAT was a robbery!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Call me old fashioned or innocent/naive or something, but that pic of such a tiny boy making a gesture such as that shocks me to the core.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

oh well, they'll be outsources movies soon too. what a shame. the Hollywood types are for ever beating the drum of ignorance are they not?

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

BTW - I can't spell

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Helen Mirren was great and looked amazing but not trying to be too young.

The Little Miss Sunshine girl was lovely and unaffected and just made you want to hide her away from all these idiotic interviewers and protect her from being turned into another precocious little Hollywood brat.

Cate Blanchett looked like a goddess. The Ennio Morricone fellow was moving. Peter O'Toole was barely alive.

Ellen was fine and all in all it was OK but hardly thrilling. I can't help but love the spectacle though. I just can't. I'm a medieaval pleb at heart, going ooh and ahh at the beautiful people and the shiny, shiny things.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I can't spell either, looks like.

Old Knudsen said...

niolk the blogging legend has arrived, Kieran loves you a little too much I fear. Its only my gurlfriend because he/she turned you doon.

Mr frobisher I can never get past the freaky eye when he acts, can he not act normal looking?

matt he is part of youth movement I have formed named 'Knudsen's youth' only white blonde kids need apply.

maven its you Hudson is straight off the boat ghettoland, lets see what other parts she can act, sure she can sing, thats because shes a singer, playing yerself doesn't count, think Madonna in desperately seeking susan, everyone thought she could act until she did something that wasn't her.

lynn the boy was singing one is the loneliest number give him a break.

Rich you have brits playing yanks, and aussies playing brits and yanks, and yanks doing bad accents at least it hasn't gone Bollywood, that stuff is pure shite.

sam problem-child-bride why did Ennio Morricone look so angry? now peter O'Toole should have been angry, so old and with so little time to waste, the ceremony looked as if it was trying to be too slick but came off as being self absorbed, I remember when everyone dismissed gore as a boring fucker now hes cool, what?

Sassy Sundry said...

Will Ferrel would be a good host. What was up with his hair?

Anonymous said...

Al Gorge needs to worry about his own lard ass carbon footprint now that he is the size of Texas. His potbellied, co2 ridden spewing makes me wanna stick needles in my ears and gouge my eyes out with a spoon. I changed the channel twice just so I wouldn't have to look at the blubberous, freak-a-zoid. It wouldn't matter to me if Global Warming was as “They” say, as long as he is the Poster Twat for the cause, I'm having none of it.

Old Knudsen said...

he has the same trouble I have, you can't go out looking too good or the weemen get ya.

Old Knudsen said...

I love it Prudence, that should be the blurb on his DVD.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Old K. I believe my rantings of late may have a direct link to your blogs.. I must say I am beginning to have quite a potty mouth!

SQT said...

My Personal Oscar Speech

I would like to thank Jesus for the Tivo. Yes the little machine of miracles that lets me fast forward through all crap I would normally have to wade through during the Oscars. Al Gore you say? I never saw his puffy face as I zipped through all the speeches and simply stopped to see who the awards were given too. Yes, God is kind in that he gave me this box of wonders; I don't suffer nearly as much as I used to.

Great post btw.

SQT said...

-too
+to

Spelling ok, grammar not so much.

Old Knudsen said...

Jesus gave you Tivo? you should really wear a condom, I hope you didn't miss the Obvious dislike between Toby Maguire and Kristen Dunst , now they are actors well done on the smiling. Grammar is not welcome on this blog so no worries.

SQT said...

Where on earth would I put a condom? Wait, don't answer that.

I missed the Toby/Kirsten drama. Damn, that was probably the best part.

Here's where I get snarky. Is it me or is she lumpy and unattractive? I never got the appeal.

Old Knudsen said...

Funny you should say that I was just talking about her, she is quite plain and frumpy though the nipples in the rain were good. I don't like how she holds herself she has the curved spine of a surly teenager, she is a take her or leave her for me, no big deal. Toby is a cute goofy bloke that inspires trust in his characters I like him, I can say this as I am confident in my sexuality.......somewhat.

Scout said...

Will Ferrell's hair was quite unusual, but the song was great. I actually like Ellen.

I didn't get the crying thing--it seemed over the top and just a little insincere.

Old Knudsen said...

I like her too it was just too boring.When actors go political they are shown up as shallow creatures that don't think too much.

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Kirsten Dunst's dress was the worst in years, on anyone. The woman, in the most astonishing decision of the evening, chose to wear a long twinkly polo shirt for God's sake! And it was dish-rag grey! With buttons at the collar! And whoever did her lipstick made her teeth look like Elizabeth I's.

I have no strong opinions about her either way but I'd like to think she was getting paid a lot of money to wear that dress.

tony said...

They should make a film about old Oscar Awards Ceremonies .
The Oscars Down The Ages.something like that .........
Whistle Down The Wind~The Prequal ?
I'd love to see An Oscar-Awards Ceremony from,say,1925, how did they make acceptance speeches back then?Mime;Custard Pies; ??? That Would be worth seeing!Queen Elizabeth being chased down The Mall by the Keystone Cops.....pass me the Valium Darllling!