Thursday 25 January 2007

Burn's Night Comes Around Again Like A Record Baby.


I was recently asked about the Scottish Sporran, "Mr Knudsen sir, what is up with that minge like thing you vastly superior Jocks carry around on yer kilts?" first of when you talk about Scottish culture like that we Scots feel the quickening and will most likely kill you, then we'd cry at our loss and write a terrible song of lamentation.
You see we don't have much in the way of culture, all everyone goes on about is kilt this and kilt that and it was a bloody Englishman that invented the modern day version on the kilt in 1727, it was taken from the Great kilt or Breacan which was a length of cloth 6 yards by 2 yards that was wrapped around the body and over the shoulder. Tartan was also made up and the various patterns that became most popular in the 19th century were probably just regional manufacturing differences. I've mentioned before that the bagpipes were from the middle east and used in the Scottish regiments of the British army, but there is always the Sporran.



The Sporran which is Scottish Gaelic for purse was used because when wearing the Breacan you didn't have any pockets, this could be used to carry money, yer cell phone or even sometimes food. Made from goat or badger skin it could be plain or decorated.

Wombles, they pretend to be all environmentally friendly then they eat yer children.

Great Uncle Bulgaria, Tomsk, and Madame Cholet ganging up to take a small gurl doon, violent and bloody is their way.

I personally used Womble, I had my own wee business making Sporrans, those Wombles were tricky, they'd go under ground over ground or just Wombling free, I am responsible for wiping out Wombles in the north the south belonged to the soft southern English gangs and that was their turf. Lambeth was their base, the Pearly Kings and Queens, they'd walk about Lambeth going Oi! they wore buttons all over their clothes to deflect the point of a knife in a fight.
Once I strayed too close while on a Womble hunt, I was too worried about being ambushed by the Womble to notice them, they caught me and dragged me up some apples and pears to room where the Head Pearly King was. I'll never forget his boat race, looked like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle, they thought I was a septic tank at first, you know those Sassanachs not too bright, I told them I was Listerine and I only sounded septic when I sang.


Mean bastards that fight like fuck, Elephant and castle, stick it up yer asshole.

The Head King was a right Berkeley hunt, he grabbed me by the cobbler's awls and of course I told him everything, they said they were going to kill me and would I like some Jellied eels as a last meal, I told them I'd rather eat my own feces though I wouldn't say no to a Ruby, they agreed to go fetch me one and as their shouts of oi! faded in the distance I slipped out the windy and doon a drain pipe and made my escape.

I couldn't find a pretty female Scottish actress so I put up Ewan McGregor instead, pretty isn't he? and to cover my arse just go to Sam problem-child-bride's Blog on my sidebar for an example of real Scottish beauty, but watch it she'll glass ya.

You may have noticed by now this does not have much to do with Robert Burns, well so fuck I don't care. I put up one of his poems on my other Blog Old Knudsen, a bit ghey to be honest . I've been to Burn's cottage, very small not very impressive at all, they sell wee white furry men with tartan hats to the tourists.

Insulting the English, confusing the Yanks my job is done here.

23 comments:

The Dog of Freetown said...

Cockney's don't count as English. They can't count.
You know where those original Womble puppets are? In some lunch boxes tucked away in a cupboard in the National Museum of Film and Photography. In Bradford.
Everything comes back to Bradford in the end. It's like Rome, but with more vomitarians and bloody violence.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I loathed the scary-arsed Wombles. I mean, look at them! Ugh. Cuddly? I think not. Good old Pete though eh. Saw a little too much of him in Big Brother though. Ugh again.
Thanks for Ewan. About time you did something for us girlies, Old K. I expect Kieran will now say he'll do something for me alright? Ok then.

Scout said...

So, why do we make such a big deal about tartans if they were nothing more than manufacturing (WE being Americans who fought like hell to get away from the mother land and now can't get enough of its stuff)

dive said...

I was out at Wimbledon the other day, Old K. and there's been nary a sighting of wombles on the common for months.
They put it down to global warming, but now I know it was you hunting the bastards for sporrans.
You've done humanity a great favour.

Sassy Sundry said...

Knudsen, thank you, thank you, for posting a photo of the lovely Ewan. You post reminded me of his line in Trainspotting where he talked about how Scotland couldn't even pick a decent country to colonize them. (Sorry, British friends. It made me laugh.)

Those old people are scary. What's up with that lady's hat?

The Dog of Freetown said...

The Scottish are British.
They love it too.

Ame said...

Lynn, wanna handle this one? ;)

The Mistress said...

You've already had a go at the French Canadians in a previous posting.

Sale-vieux-bâtard.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oh the Scottish-British thing, it runs and runs... i'm leaving it well alone. Same goes for Ewan's huge cock (which is true, incidentally... erm.... don't ask.)

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Kieran my mother is a true cockney though she sounds nothing like it. I was born in London and we can both count, so that's three of us already to disprove your theory. Where were you born?

Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

The contents of a man's sporran are his own affair but, in the interests of anthropological investigation, I've made a brief survey of the sporrans of the Hebrides. It takes into account all social classes, (we have one, there) all races(we have one and a half - the half are the Hearadhs from Harris) and all levels of sobriety.

Here is what I've found to be true.
The percentage of men with:
A wee snifter in his sporran - 50%
A big snifter in his sporran - 100% (Some have both big and wee snifters depending on the chilliness of the prevailing wind.)
Snifter money -80%
Back up snifter money - 70%
Taxi money - 60%
Condoms - 96% (an optimistic bunch are island men)
Unidentifiable fluff - 83%
Piece of paper with own name and address on, in case the sporran owner can't remember for any reason - 98%
The only item that was found in 100% of sporrans sampled was a mucky, unlickable 43p stamp and nobody could explain its presence.

He's right, you know. I am unspeakably violent.

Ame said...

So is Ewan Cock-knee? Oops, that's two body parts in one sentence...I digress! ;)

Old Knudsen said...

kieran Cockneys are too chirpy to learn numbers and the like, bingo was designed to teach them, everything goes back to the source in the end, I had no idea it was Bradford, how depressing. I thought the whole of Bradford was a vomitarian.

lynn if kieran offers take it, hes hot. Cockney pride? pull yerself together, if you read my profile up top you'll see where i was born.

robyn ever stay away from family and think about how you miss them then you visit and you want to leave within 10 mins? same here, you have to travel and stay aboard to fine your true patiotism.

dive I actually married the French maid one as her accent was just too sexy, marriage didn't last and I made a ween of sporrans out of her.

sassy sundry my link to the Lambeth walk may help to understand them, ewan is very pretty and grows a fine beard but really can't pick the right films to star in.

ame I suggest you go get some culture without the willies.

MJ no one is safe otherwise I would be singling them out and be a biggot, the French have a lot to answer for and the french canuks well I'll make something up.

sam problem-child-bride handling strange men's sporrans is not advisable, but hey while you're doon there.

Old Knudsen said...

Mr Frobisher being a former crab fisherman I embrace you as a brother, it is huge, a pity he thinks smegma is sexy though.

FirstNations said...

sporran?
I've been keeping a cell phone in mine.

yeah.

Andraste said...

Oh, I do like that Ewan McGregor fellow.

C'mere, Ewan, lemme rummage through your sporran, love.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Old K i wasn't asking where you were born, i know that, silly. It was directed at Kieran. Cockney pride? Not really, just sayin, as Robyn would say, that not all cockneys are bad.

The Dog of Freetown said...

If I said I was born within the sound of Bow Bells would you believe me?
You shouldn't. I'm full of lies.
However, I was born in Newtonards, County Down, Northern Ireland. Nonetheless, I was bred a Yorkshireman. And that's what counts.

Best Cockney: Harry Champion.
Best Mockney: David Bowie.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Bowie's a Mockney? What's a Mockney?

Ame said...

It's one of two joints that helps Mack walk Lynn! I'm very surprised you didn't know THAT! ;)

Old Knudsen said...

I'm surprised you admitted that Kieran, the yorkshire bit not the Newtownards part, Dick van Dyke was the only true cockney for me.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Ha yes Old K what a cockney he was. Always worth sitting through Meery Puppens.

Maven said...

I find the kilt to be an interesting garment... along the lines of a shorter version of a sari, but for men.