Tuesday 16 January 2007

16 th January 1942.


Carole Lombard who was a famous actress in the 30's and 40's died 16th January 1942 in an air crash at Table Mountain Nevada USA. Many of you will say so? and I'll say fuck off and it will all go doon hill from there and we'll never speak but then one year you'll send me a Christmas card , I'll wipe me arse on it and send it back with 'fuck you' scrawled on it in feces and that will be that, so save me the price of a stamp and just behave and learn.
Well firstly I was looking for something else when her name popped up, then I noticed the date and thought, Blogjinx/message from the grave etc. I don't know who for I'm just a tool of the Lord. I believe in omens and divine guidance you see so maybe this will mean something to someone somewhere.

Ex wife of William Powell and Clarke Gable on separate occasions, she went doon (no pun intended) as the first US civilian causality of World War II, her mother also died in the crash, she must of expired moments after. Lombard was on a war bonds drive at the time , well she wishes she was on a drive. Gable never got over the loss of his ex.

14 comments:

Ame said...

YAY! I'm FIRST! Nothing finer! And RIP Ms. Lombard...she's named after that famous curvy street in San Fran ya know! And do tell Knuddie...did she really go dooooooooon? As the first civ cas? I learned something new!

Old Knudsen said...

You get to be on top, no I didn't know, lucky its not the San Fran treat. Yes she was first to die as you are first to comment, um I wish you good luck.

GG said...

carole lombard was amazing, she didn't deserve to go down that way.

16th january is my parents wedding anniversary, although they weren't married in 1942. feck, it's their anniversary *runs to phone home*

GG said...

omg, and my auntie's birthday. thanks knuddie, old chap, i would have been in heaps of trouble if you hadn't reminded me. x

Old Knudsen said...

I am sent to this Earth to remind people to phone home.
Glad to have been of service.

Gog said...

Praise the Lard Brother Knudsen.

Jagd Kunst said...

Oh well, at least you're still alive.

Old Knudsen said...

gog I will worship with Lard.

jagd kunst I bet you say that everytime you see that I've posted.

Scout said...

I loved Carol Lombard and was a big fan of Clark Gable until recently when I decided he was best at Rhett Butler and great in It Happened One Night, but everything else just seemed to be repeating those two roles. He never did get over losing her...very sad.

Sassy Sundry said...

Sigh... I love her too. And, well, I know I shouldn't, but Rhet was just sexy. Except for the whole rapist thing and all.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Isn't she beautiful.

Jagd Kunst said...

She is beautiful, but what's wrong with her eyebrows? Do they droop? Did she always need to hold them up like that? A bulldog clip on the top of her head would have saved a lot of arm fatigue.

Old Knudsen said...

dive whose home do you keep phoning ya stalker?

robyn I never liked gable in anything, don't know if it was the big ears or the false teeth or the bad acting, like an old ben affleck.

sassy sundry she lived famously and died famously, stars shouldn't go up in planes.

lynn not anymore.

jagd kunst she had face droop that day.

Unknown said...

She was stunning, wasn't she. My Grandma Kate died on the 17th of January, the same day I shot my husband. I'll be drinking tomorrow. Or cooking and drinking with the Lard!