Wednesday 20 December 2006

My Lovely Boat.

Success my lord! I won't tell you what official government computer I swiped it from but I managed to gain a USB cable for my old scanner. A month ago or so I mentioned to Kav about the boat I used to fish on about 20 years ago, a great wee boat, a 20 ft clinker built wooden joby, not my boat but I loved it, it had lines like a Viking ship. We keep them on a line that's on a pulley and pull the boat to shore, those big plastic buckets would be my work station, they would be full of sides and heads of fish we used for bait for the crabs, I'm so glad I could show this to you all.

8 comments:

dive said...

She's a beaut, Old K.
I'm surprised you were an honest crabber; I would have thought you more of a midnight trout farm/dynamite man.

Old Knudsen said...

I never claimed to be an honest crabber, it just sometimes looks that way.

Kav said...

Beautiful, brings back a lot of memories for me. Come the new year, my blog's set to become a bore, though you may appreciate it: I'm set to restore my boat. Blogs gonna be filled with pics.

Sassy Sundry said...

That's a great boat.

Scout said...

I really do like everything about this picture--the setting, the patina, the colors.

Old Knudsen said...

kav I don't know if you can tell or not but the engine is a mariner, excited yet?

sassy sundry when fishing under piers it would hit into pillars the sides would cave in and bounce back out again.

robyn I just take pics for the subject matter I don't think too much about it, but nature helps me out, its a pity you can't see all the chipped paint, this boat has been through a lot.

Kav said...

Yeah, looks to be about a 10hp? I've got a Johnson 9.9.

Heh, I said Johnson.

Old Knudsen said...

Somewhere around there, it was a pretty heavy boat, I do not brag about my johnson but if I did it would be more than 9.9 .