Monday 4 December 2006

Irish Stew In The Name Of The Law.

"Won't you have some cake, Father? It's got cocaine in it. Oh no, hang on, it's not cocaine, is it. What do I mean now? - the little things... Raisins! "

This is a tribute of sorts to the Irish. Now I've slagged them off without mercy in the past and though it was much deserved, due to their booming economy I may end up some day being sold to one of the muck savages.

I know that a lot of my people in ancient times came from Ireland when the dirty foreigners invaded, I try to forget that fact and go for the popular version that God created Adam and Eve the first Protestants that then moved to Scotland for the fine food, lovely weather and the Income Support from the English.

Being a Scottish Bitter Balls with my fair share of Ulster Blood flowing in my veins I eyed the Irish with suspicion, then again who didn't I eye with suspicion ? have you seen that fellow Jagd Kunst that comments here ? shifty, very shifty.
Then I did the unimaginable, I met some. Different from the Ulster - Scots in attitude and not wound up tight ready to work or fight at the drop of a hat but more laid back . They'll do the work but in their own fucking time, this can be seen by some to be lazy but its more like showing respect or not.
As a young soldier I had some Irish lads in my regiment, no doubt there to get the free training from the British so they could join the IRA (Irish Republican Army, cowardly murdering terrorists to you) at a later date.
You've seen the movies were the corporals with their peaked caps pulled doon so they look doon their noses at everyone get in the soldier's face as he stands to attention and shouts a tirade of abuse at the young soldier putting the fear of God into him and everyone else.
Well there is always one that cannot keep a straight face, maybe he or someone near by let off a fart, always worth a laugh and risking death for. One Irish lad started to smirk, the Corporal zoomed in on him screaming abuse and ordering him to do 50 pushups, the Irish lad with still a relaxed demeanor and a calm voice said, " its a sad day when a soldier can't smile", though stupid as pig shit his cheerful defiance earned him my respect, he ended up with more than 50 pushups that day.

I have never gotten to know Irish weemen that well, still time for this old dog I hope, what I've found those I've met to be is quick witted, funny and strong, the backbone of the family type.

Getting back to the men I've noticed that many of them are similar to Jimmy Rabbitte the character from the film The Commitments , not the personality but the looks and body language, he has become my definitive Irish lad.

Jimmy Rabbitte (Robert Arkins) seen here with Eva Lungeria while making the Irish version of Desperate Housewives called, Horny Fishwives.

In The Commitments Jimmy Rabbitte said that the Irish were the blacks of Europe, was this a self fulfilling prophecy? now with the current talk of apologies for the Irish famine and for slavery from the British government anyone with a glass of Guinness and a vague Irish connection (98% of America) is beating their chests and talking about 400 years of oppression from the white man. I don't hear any apologies for Daniel O'Donnell, Terry Wogan or Graham fucking Norton, who should have retired after Father Ted.

Not counting the Irish Nationalists that support the IRA and all the shite that it entails the Irish are a friendly easy going people that for the most don't give a shit. Now they have the Slav immigrants to do all the work for them so they can now live in their caravans and fondle Leprechauns as they do. I've watched Glenroe so I know what the Irish are like.

I love you Biddy.

Now for the first time people are immigrating to Ireland to live, what a strange world we live in, at least the Welsh are still below us Scots in the pecking order of Europe, can't see that changing.

This is my view taken from my experiences, if you have another opinion, you're obviously insane so fuck off.

26 comments:

Jagd Kunst said...

Shitman I think a piece of Ireland landed on my roof tonight

Old Knudsen said...

Lets hope it wasn't Dirty Dublin or you'll never wash that off.

Anonymous said...

They tried to blow up two of my mates.
But they make Guinness.
I'm kinda stuck in the middle on this one.

Anonymous said...

Good point, well made.
Mine's a Guinness.

Old Knudsen said...

I don't think thats wise after yer recent illness, 1 pint of Guiness = the loss of 4 pints of body fluids, out the arse.

Old Knudsen said...

hardon Powell of course they are pissheads, I just happen to see nothing wrong with that.I get annoyed when folks call the Ulster people Irish and then don't know that the catholic ones consider themselves irish and they get confused, if i can understand it why can't they? I know the difference between Canada and the USA. Andrea Corr is fair game at any age, dems the rules, I like her drumming sister ugly Corr. The guy with the moustache was a dirty shite and went on to dissapear with the rest of the cast. The Commitments still play but its the unfamous ones and a new singer so why bother ?

David Todd said...

Have you seen what an actress from Norn Iron that acted in Glenroe is up to now?

Jagd Kunst said...

My mistake, it was an indian woman driving a courier van, she crashed into my garage.

Foot Eater said...

The Commitments had that Andrea Corr in it, though I don't think she was legal at the time. If she wasn't, I didn't fancy her.

My Latin teacher Mr Clifford was a hard Derry bastard who looked like a cross between James Joyce and George Orwell. He would scream and roar and beat us with a shillelagh, but Jesus we learned our Latin and I aced it in my final exams. He was a staunch Republican so on the last day of school we chalked a huge Union Jack on his blackboard. He came in, looked at the blackboard and said, 'At least it isn't a Scots flag'.

True, that, and all this in South Africa as well.

Old Knudsen said...

Top 'O' the evening Kav now get back to yer studying.

Foot Eater said...

I know it's Londonderry but if you said that to Mr Clifford he'd stick a blackboard duster in you, and I find it hard to break away from old habits even though it was 20 years ago.

Old Knudsen said...

that fucker had better not be reading this blog, I'm the bitter balls here you can say London if you want, I had teachers like that, tried to teach me grammar and maths with beatings, worked out well 4 them.

Foot Eater said...

No, he died of a heart attack in about 1992 after he'd moved to a Jesuit school.

Foot Eater said...

Oh, and as regards this comment

at least the Welsh are still below us Scots

the reason is that you put screwdrivers in our ears and force us to submit. Nothing to be particularly proud of there, I'd have thought.

Old Knudsen said...

Thats a shame though dying never stopped be Blogging, weak I say. I know my people also came up from Wales, which is why we treat em bad, you always hurt the ones you love.

Old Knudsen said...

Its not PC to call them muck savages or bog warriors, I now call them people of colour, of course the colour is ultra-violet white.

David Todd said...

When the tides out aren't Norn Iron and Scotland joined ? ;-)

Old Knudsen said...

Not just that, when those P&O ferries go tearing up and doon it sends the water elsewhere and you can walk about the Irish sea picking fish up off the ground.

Anonymous said...

Dear oh dear.... let's all get this straight. Knud, I'm sure you know anyway and are lying in wait for the pedant to come in, here goes...

Ireland is an island divided for centuries into four provinces. One of these provinces is called Ulster (Uladh). There are nine counties in Ulster. Three of these counties are in the Republic of Ireland and six of them are in Northern (sic) Ireland.

Northern (sic) Ireland shares jurisdiction with the neighbouring island of Britain in an entity known as the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. People from the island of Britain are British. People from the island of Ireland are Irish.

Andrea Corr is a fine ting.

Old Knudsen said...

And the people of North sic Dakota are American, just like those of Northern Ireland are British, I spell it Ulaid, meself, its funny about the Prods of the north, british to the core though looked doon on by the English, and they look doon on the Irish, and use the Gaelic word Ulster but will not comtemplate any of the history, when Ireland starts paying the dole and changes all the passports to say irish then I might go for what you're saying. NI is a part of Britain but not the UK.

Old Knudsen said...

On a side note in Northern Ireland you can get the choice of an Irish passport if thats what you consider yourself, very hypocritical if they collect dole and use the NHS, two things the British Government gave them for their help with World War II, yeah Ireland, thanks for the lack of Black out, though Irish firemen did come north to help when the Germans bombed Northern Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Squire Knud, ye'll have to find somewhere a bit older in its colonisation than the Dakotas if you want to prove your point. You could start by asking the Sioux nation (the Lakota branch) what they make of the arbitrary division of their tribal lands by planters and grabbers.

Canadians are Americans just as the people of Northern (sic) Ireland are Irish. The point being that the description is based on an earlier geographical naming rather than citizenship which is a modern and (let's face it) a mutable concept. If in doubt about this differentiation ask the people of Alsace, Silesia, Prussia, Kurdistan, and not forgetting those pesky Basques...

Pity the Welsh their principality status... and their Prince. His investiture at Caernaervon was a low point in Welsh history.

Andrea Corr is still a fine ting, and the only one of the Corrs without offspring...

Anonymous said...

I'll have the irish breakfast please. mmmm mmmm mmmm

Old Knudsen said...

conan drumm being there first doesn't mean shit, the canadians are Americans? are you mad? things change, try to change also, if you are to believe that then Ireland was called the Isle of destiny by Danu and the Gods, then they changed the name several times, but you pick Irish as the one you like, its the ones that win the wars that decide policy not some crazy idea about names set up at some stage that stuck.
Your strange line of reasoning makes my head hurt, you're a very literal person to be sure.
The people of NI can call themselves dickwads, it still doesn't change that they are British by sovereignty, that means the Brits won and took it over, and when they lick a stamp they can be reminded of that, lets make it easy for you, if you have the queens head on yer money then you're british, Commonwealth and all.

Old Knudsen said...

rich Its called the 'Ulster fry' the Irish eat spuds.

Old Knudsen said...

I made a post on my other blog linked on the right about this stupid line of reasoning as he annoyed me with his lack of knowledge/vision/commonsense etc.