Saturday 30 December 2006

Happy Hogmanay.

Hogmanay wouldn't be right without the late great Andy Stewart.

Some New Year's superstitions for you.

Put money into shoes for good luck before midnight hits, no I don't know what amounts or if the exchange rate matters much or if its all yer shoes or what.

Sprinkle sugar around yer house for good luck. If you have ants this may not be so lucky.

Wear red gunties, red is the colour of passion so you can get some in the cumming year.

If you want to travel put suitcases outside yer door. Chain them up I'd suggest or some bastard will be off with them. I'm putting my large tartan suitcase outside tonight as I'm on a promise from Kimba and she lives in Austria.

Eat a spoonful of lentils for good luck, hey I'm not making this shit up you know.

When Big Ben rings (its the name of the bell inside not the clock) sit doon and stand up for each dong for good luck in love and marriage, for marriage you need all the luck you can get.

Don't forget, its bad luck to sleep through Big Ben ringing in the new years or yer ball dropping or whatever it is you do.

The most luckiest thing of all, much like catching a leprechaun and getting his gold is finding a one legged old Scots man and giving him a BJ in a dark alley way, you are bound to get excellent luck and much happiness this new year, and perhaps a rash of some kind.

So enjoy yer fireball swinging if that's what your are into, just make sure that excessive drinking is involved, 3rd degree burns are always funnier when drunk. Remember the old Hogmanay folklore that dark haired people are welcome as its assumed that they are yer fellow Scots, blonde and red headed people must be killed immediately as they must be Norsemen .

Remember don't be a Sasenach and sing 'for the sake of auld lang syne'.


Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
And surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have run about the hills,
and pulled the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine (dinner time) ;
But seas between us broad have roaredsince auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

16 comments:

kimba said...

Hee hee! I came first!

Claim to be chased by fetishists in the last day off the year.. and you won't be able to beat the fellas off you.. that's my tip..

dive said...

Happy Hogmanay, y'auld rascal!

Thanks for the Andy Stewart reminder. I really miss all that shite on New Year's Eve. Though what I miss more is that bottle blonde bird (what was her name? Amy Mc.Donald or something?) who came on telly with him in that tartan microskirt with legs right up to her chin …
Ah, good times …

Foot Eater said...

Trust the Scotch to celebrate New Year by turning it into a pig-fuckfest.

Happy New Year, you old reprobate.

Sassy Sundry said...

Have Some More Beer!

Thanks for the tips (well, except for the BJ). And, thanks especially for the lyrics to auld lang syne. I'll admit to a fair amount of drunken "Blah, blah, blah..." when people sing that at New Year.

Happy New Year.

BEAST said...

so let me get this right..... I gotta track down some old one legged scots git , with me shoes full of money , pockets full of lentils (for a good luck snack) , carrying me suitcases , and give him a blow job , timing me head movements to big bens chimes........cant i just get pissed as normal ??

David Todd said...

and Lang may your lum reek wi' other folks' coal!

Old Knudsen said...

kimba came first huh? well thats a first in its self, thanks for the tip.

dive trust you not to be looking at Andy's legs.

Mr Eater reprobate? oh if I could be bothered to look that up, sounds like masterbate, damn yer superior intellect, I'm off to fuck a pig.

sassy sundry stand near a hunk for the balls to drop so you get a snog.

Mr beast you make it sound so difficult, just do it lad, its all in the neck.

cybez I have just noticed yer shortened name, gone all street cred? I take it your're refering to visitors to my home bringing me coal for good luck, a carry out would be even more luckier.

Anonymous said...

1. Money in my shoe, check.
2. Sugar around the house, check.
3. What the hell are gunties?
4. Backpack by the front door, ensures cheap travel?
5. Put lentils on my shopping list, check.
6. We don't have a Big Ben! What the hell am I supposed to do? Wait a second I'm not married maybe I can do without the sitting standing crap!
7. I've done a load of BJ's must have been a Scotsman somewhere in the bunch!
8. Everybody in the house has dark hair, I guess I don't have to off some poor innocent soul.

Old Knudsen said...

Gunties are knickers and I'm coming out with a range of dildos called Big Ben for next year, it all connects, an old one legged scotsman the rules are very clear, not that I have anything to do with the rules.

Jagd Kunst said...

I got bit by a dog, that was pretty lucky. Happy newsreel.

Old Knudsen said...

Not for the dog, now it has to get its shots.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Andy Stewart? Goodness haven't remembered him from that day to this, but it sure is a reminder of my childhood! Happy New Year Old K. x

Old Knudsen said...

Lets hope its a memory you don't have to go into therapy for.

Scout said...

Happy New Year, Old Knudson. Here, for good luck it's black eyed peas instead of lentils. Must be a southern thing.

Old Knudsen said...

Lentils black eyed peas they all taste like snot anyway, I can't see how it could be lucky.

Maven said...

Happy New Year, Old Bitter Balls!! May 2007 be a good one:)