Saturday 2 December 2006

Ernest Hemingway Says.


Here are some quotes from that silly big Twunt Ernest Hemingway, for those that don't know him he was an American writer that went around getting the most out of life so he could describe it in the simplest terms, not my cup of tea but a lot of these quotes could have been said by me .


In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason.

My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.

If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows.
The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water.

That terrible mood of depression of whether it's any good or not is what is known as The Artist's Reward.

What is moral is what you feel good after, and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.

When I have an idea, I turn down the flame, as if it were a little alcohol stove, as low as it will go. Then it explodes and that is my idea.

Why should anybody be interested in some old man who was a failure?



And this is what someone should have said to him.

Careful with that shotgun, you could put yer eye out with that.

8 comments:

Jagd Kunst said...

Hemingway's alright, but have you seen his neice? Phwooaaar...

Old Knudsen said...

taihae you of all people know not to turn your back on me, and I don't need 2 minutes, I mean who does? artists and suicide, tortured souls I could fill 10 dark and boring posts about the whole thing but then I'd probably off meself after.

jagd kunst if only he had a blog to post her up on.

Anonymous said...

That man is scary, but the quotes are beautiful.

Old Knudsen said...

Did I get thanks for cropping the image before it got to his old man of the sea? some people.

Anonymous said...

Knudesen, I will personally thank you for the crop job. Now, go to my Sweet Dreams blog. I posted some quotes, famous and good ones, just for you!

http://sweetdreamsdarling.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I wrote Knudesen, lol, sorry!

Old Knudsen said...

on my way.

Maven said...

Ow my eyes... my eyes... Interesting under-the-apron-o-fat photo perspective! GACK!!