Saturday 30 December 2006

A Commentary On The Death Penalty.

I woke up this morning, well nearly afternoon with a spring in my step, its a cold but bright day today and nearly time to start drinking.
Saddam is dead of which I am glad as knowing the Middle east he may very well have gotten off. It doesn't make up for all the Kurds , Iranians or those marsh Arabs that Saddam had gassed, bombed tortured and shot but at least he is no longer laughing at the bodies of the weemen and children while he lives it up, he lost his power, his family and what ever dignity he had, his pact with The great Satan must of run out.

For those that are against the death penality, why keep the murders alive? what does it serve? they aren't suffering torment they still have the gift of life, they can remember and wank off over their kills while they sit for 20 years on death row writing pop up books and trying to evade death, they aren't remorseful, they won't be rehabilitated they proved they can't live and play nicely with others so get rid of them, they are just draining resources.

For those against the death penalty I say 'you' then pay for their upkeep, go into their cells yourself with a TV dinner and see where the plastic fork ends up and how many times you get brutalized like the little children they got arrested for.

Being mentally insane is no excuse, if you drown 5 of yer kids one by one you should not want to live afterwards when you get treatment, what kind of monster thinks they should be allowed to live after the things they did and how can they live with themselves?

Never mind that, I got a Troll on my dropping like flies post, today is a good day indeed.

Did you notice how they hung Saddam to ellipse the comments made by Ford that were anti Cheny, Rumsfeld and Bush? they were to be released after Ford's death, sort of a Troll from the grave.

8 comments:

dive said...

Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush (both the bastards). As fine a case for the death penalty as was ever made.

Having said that, how many death warrants has George the Texas Butcher signed? He seems to use those pieces of paper just as practice for writing his signature.

Sassy Sundry said...

Yes, I did notice that the timing was strange.

Here's an interesting fact: It can be more expensive to execute someone than to keep him or her alive.

I am against the death penalty because I do not believe it works. What kind of incentive is it? And now he doesn't have to face justice for all the other crimes he committed.

kimba said...

I think the death penalty is barbaric. I don't know what I'd prefer. But killing someone is still killing someone. He has (had.. I think he killed them all) a wife, mother.. extended network of friends (ok so saddam is not a good example.. cos I really think he killed all of those close to him).. but what I am saying is this extreme punishment goes beyond one life.

Imagine if that was your job.. your occupation to execute someone. What kind of mindset would you need to be in to follow through and feel justified..

Sorry, piscean.. empathy is my middle name..

Unknown said...

I have an actual hanging video leaked. Check it out!

Anonymous said...

totally for the death penalty. Don't care the cost, just like divorce.. the cost, so it's said, is worth it.

There is a certain kind of feeling you get inside when a fuck like Saddam FINALLY gets even a drop of what he deserves.

Not only is that Karma, but who exactly do you think is suppose to handle these things if we as people don't? I can't say for Saddam, cuz his god sure seemed to be absent yesterday.. but it seems to me that finally the god of his people was grinning.

I think it would take a person who realized that justice isn't a single persons dessision, and that justice can be served as a collective.. that person not only had no quam about putting the noose around that ass's throat, but said a quiet thank you as he kicked the chair (so to speak).

We shouldn't revel in the act of killing, but rather in the finality of a brutal bastard whos life caused so many others death. That justice had a voice yesterday, and it said FUCK YOU.

Old Knudsen said...

dive wiping out villages is being a butcher, killing child molesters and murders is a public service.

sassy sundry I can't believe it would cost more with 20 years on dead row with food and security and legal fees than to execute someone.

kimba what does it serve to keep them alive? I would not lose any sleep if I had the job of killing kiddie fiddlers all day.

babsbitchin very ghoulish, did they beat him with shoes? now that would be entertaining.

xmichra as usual very wise, so many want to give the brutal murderer therapy and a nice cell so they don't have to think about them again, if you turn the other cheek with these people they kill yer family, silly soft people do more harm than good if killing scum is barbaric then so be it.

Scout said...

I am opposed to the death penality in principle because I bristle at the idea of one human being declaring the other human being to be unredeamable, but since the death of Saddam, I have questioned my stance. It's a gray area for me.

Old Knudsen said...

many are unredeamable, if someone kidnapped raped and beat to death a child and went through therapy and a prison sentence would you be alright with them baby sitting your or any other child?