Saturday 11 November 2006

Only The Good Die Young.



One of Old Knudsen's heroes Jack Palance died at his Montecito home in California, hes best remembered for doing old man one armed pressups starring in Shane and City Slickers. Oscar winner Palance started out as a boxer then in World War II the bomber he was serving in caught fire (probably due to everyone smoking back then) and his face was disfigured from the burns.
Jack's family gave his age as 87 though records have him as 85, he may have been of Ukrainian stock but I conveniently over look that because of his greatness.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am actually a little sad about this--just heard about it. One of the true real men.

Old Knudsen said...

Its just as if it was someone you know as they have been around for all your life.

Old Knudsen said...

This is my tribute and I'm glad hes doing pushups on top on some half naked woman, it all worked out well for him.

BEAST said...

Very sad....but the man was a god , can you do old man one armed press ups knuddy ???

Old Knudsen said...

I can do old man gurly pushups.

Anonymous said...

I was sad to hear he'd passed on too. I bet Marissa Tomei is devastated.

Old Knudsen said...

I'm not seeing a connection there.

Anonymous said...

Legend has it that she got her Oscar because Jack Pallance misread the card.

Maven said...

He was one of those old guys who got my kegels goin'... spontaneous-like!

Old Knudsen said...

Sassy sundry I had not heard that, it explains a lot.

nuggetmaven a little bit TMI.