Wednesday 22 November 2006

Not A Shite Film.


Are you trying to give up the Devil's Dandruff or has your dealer cut you off? or are you just a Billy no mates? well go and rent out an old film (if you can find it)


The Hasty Heart, 1949, staring Ronald Reagan as Yank, Richard Todd as Cpl Lachlan 'Lachie' MacLachlin.

A nice film, no explosions or car chases, I highly recommend it to anyone, well not Sammy as there is no CGI. I can't stand Reagan's bad acting but hes ok in this, one of the few films that brings a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat.

Read about here if you wish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only Ronnie movies I've seen were the ones where he was out-acted by that chimp Bonzo.
Oh, and the sex one with Maggie …
I'll look out for this one, though (I like Richard Todd).

Old Knudsen said...

I consider this a Richard Todd film as he steals it.

sammy.the.k said...

it doesnt have to have CGI to be good, but honestly I can say any film made pre-1977 was most likely rubbish.

I will take Fight Club (fav movie) or V For Vendetta or Magnolia over that Reagan shit any day any time, thanks.

Although Shrek 2 was CGI and it was fucking phenomenal and is one of best movies ever. Period.

Foot Eater said...

Sammy, you've misspelled 'chav' as 'fav'.

Old Knudsen said...

sammy You put forward a very valid reason to kill young people, a soul-less generation to be sure, even the most basic movies these days have CGI, you just can't tell unlike Spiderman and hulk like films. What about plays that are made into good movies? Stalag 17 and A few good men (I'm sure you like a few good men) does acting, drama and suspense mean nothing anymore? films are like art, supposed to evoke emotion, I don't think "cool effects" is the right emotion though , James stewart and Cary Grant made loads of great movies, and like books cannot be judged with the modern day films. A lot of good films are still made and a lot of crap is hailed as the most successful films of all time, the money it rakes in seems to settle what is a good movie is rather than quality, I like to be entertained not entertained at.

Mr Eater after your comments I always imagine a barum-ba-bum, rim shot, er no I misspelled I meant a rimjob.