Sunday 8 October 2006

Ireland, Wet And Dirty, Just Like My Gunties.


There are none better at slagging off Ireland and the Irish than the Irish themselves, its a part of Celtic culture, you slagg someone off and they return the compliment, the first to lose their temper or get flustered or can't think of a reply loses, theres none more quick witted than a celt,(Welsh don't and can't count) we'll call you all the names of the day and when you go off to sulk and cry we'll be baffled, didn't they see the glint in my eye? calling someone you are friendly with a wanker or a ballbag is totally acceptable, of course if you don't know them prepare to get decked.
I've decided to let some dead and some not as much dead Irish people do the work for a change, heres some quotes that are true today as they were whenever they were thought of.
Now Old Knudsen isn't going soft on the Mucksavages, I am well aware that being Scottish I share some Bogtrotter blood though a lot of it has come out in my shit recently (Blog = shit with blood) so I am well qualified to taunt the Fenian Fuckers until the cows come home.




Samuel Beckett

My advice to you concerning applause is this: enjoy it but never quite believe it.

Dublin university contains the cream of Ireland: Rich and thick.

I have my faults, but changing my tune is not one of them.


George Bernard Shaw

I showed my appreciation of my native land in the usual Irish way: by getting out of it as soon as I possibly could.

An Englishman does everything on principle: he fights you on patriotic principles; he robs you on business principles; he enslaves you on imperial principles.

Put an Irishman on the spit and you can always get another Irishman to turn him.

An Irishman is the only man in the world who will step over the bodies of a dozen
naked women to get to a bottle of stout. Anonymous

For an Irishman, talking is a dance. Deborah Love

My one claim to originality among Irishmen is that I have never made a speech. George Moore

When Irish eyes are smiling, watch your step. Gerald Kersh

The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill. Harold Nicolson

The problem with Ireland is that it's a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent. Hugh Leonard

Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more. James Stephens

Maybe it's bred in the bone, but the sound of pipes is a little bit of heaven to some of us. Nancy O'Keeefe

I'm troubled, I'm dissatisfied. I'm Irish. Marianne Moore

13 comments:

Foot Eater said...

You forgot 'Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling' by some little green fellow with big ears.

The Dog of Freetown said...

By sheer coincidence I said everyone of these quotes today, making them up in my own head. How quaint. You forgot "That would be an ecumenical matter."

Old Knudsen said...

KavI did observe, a dozen Gobshites, you've been looking at my commenters.


Mr EaterI don't remember Spock ever saying that.

KieranThat bastard Gay Bradbury came up with all my ideas too.

sammy.the.k said...

The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill. Harold Nicolson

SO true.(damn irish blood in me)

Anonymous said...

Jesus, what's happened to your sidebar? I nearly died when I came in here. There it was, gone.

Old Knudsen said...

sammyI've had to watch my back, there is always someone younger and more bitter just waiting for me to fall and break my hip, I'm watching you.

kav is it yourself? glad you liked my invisable bar,no drinks licence, always a way around things, and don't call me Jesus, son of god will do.

sammy.the.k said...

always!

Unknown said...

I know it took all out of you to fetch and post this one. A brave soul you are and I'll be praying for it. Truly a man after my heart, to recognize that blog in ya is true honesty; It hurts but feels better coming out, right? Now, c'mon let's go have a drink and forget all about tomorrow, how 'bout it?

Old Knudsen said...

Some people are not aware of the rules, and the cheeky demons that live within the celts, though we may slag others off that doesn't mean we won't drink with them and fight by their side to the death, you can slag the Irish and Ireland off if you're Irish but still long to be there,now I've got a tear in my eye, no not that eye, I'm talking about the eye that never winks, its some kind of gooey discharge, oops time to phone up some ladies ----- and Rob7534.

Unknown said...

you mean not the one that winks butt the one that stinks?

Old Knudsen said...

Indeed not, the one eye-ed snake with the eye that never winks, I always have something coming out of me wormhole so nothing unusal there.

Unknown said...

You mean that damn viper spitting thing that's been my demise for too many years than I care to count. Flippin' tapioca shooter. They scare me to death anymore!

Old Knudsen said...

The custard chucker.